Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[archive] Acurcl on W2003 and Mapped Drives

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 03 October 2005]

Hello everyone,
I've an AcuRcl installed on a W2003 server: service is started as Administrator user and local user is still Administrator. I noticed that if I try to access to a mapped drive (for ex. c:\myfolder is a shared recource and is mapped on the local server a z: drive) runtime can't be able to access that folder as the mapped drive but only via UNc path.
I think it's due to what si described here:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;180362
Is ther a way to workaround it?
TIA, Giovanni
0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] Acurcl on W2003 and Mapped Drives

The document is correct.

If you want to access network resources, you should use a specific user, with granted rights on the network.
You are free to use any user for both the service (AcuRCL) and the processes spawned off.

Provided that the user you choose to use has sufficient privileges in the network and your drives are mapped, it will work.

I would however say that mapped drives are not a good solution as you never know if they are broken. unc paths are persistent as long as the network and the machines are operating properly.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.