Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[archive] Acuserver Slow response

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 10 June 2005]

I have an 2003 server running acuserver on port 85. we coonect to the server via a 64k leased line. The server was running 100% after in talation acuserver had no probelms.

But now since april it has been rely slow the response from the acuserver is really bad. We have even reinstalled acuserver with no effect. Even the trace file does not give much info.

Can some one tell me what would have caused this maybe an MS hotfix??????

Jason
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] Acuserver Slow response

Jason,

Note that file tracing with Acuserver puts a huge overhead on performance.

Perhaps the tracing is actually causing the problem.

Did you switch tracing on AFTER the system slowed down or did you already have it on?

Cheers
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I have had file tracing off only used it when things got really bad and wanted to see what was happening.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

check your ping times. AcuServer is very latency sensitve. even a ping of 5ms (which is under resolution of ping command) can cause huge performance issues in your app.

Merlin
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.