Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[archive] Acuthin and profiles

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 25 January 2006]

When using thin client on acubench to execute a program, does the runtime pick up the profile of the user set up in acurcl -access. If not, how do you access the correct .profile?

TIA

Ian
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] Acuthin and profiles

What exactly do you mean by the '.profile'?

Do you mean the unix user's .profile login script that is executed when they telnet into the host? If so, the thin client does not execute any login scripts on the host. In order to set environment variables, etc. you need to use a specific config file (as specified by the '-c' command line option in the alias).

The thin client just tells the acurcl process to start a runtime process owned by whatever user you define in the acurcl security (acurcl -access). As far as I can tell, that process is spawned from the acurcl one and is setuid'ed to that user. Thus no .profile or shell rc files are executed.

If you meant another .profile then you will need to explain further.

Cheers.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

You might want to check out the AcuConnect configuration variable

USE_UNIX_SHELL
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Originally posted by Dilbert
You might want to check out the AcuConnect configuration variable

USE_UNIX_SHELL

What version of acurcl uses this variable?

It is not in the version 6.0 documentation.

Ah! I've just found it in the version 7.0 docs.

Interesting, I doubt we would use it, but at least they offer the choice, now.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.