Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[archive] Acuthin java environment variable

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 31 May 2005]

Hi.

i was looking for someone who can help me with this
i`m trying to run a java class file on a linux red hat server.

from a thinclient usign acucobols acuthin client but it seems that it does`t find the java runtime, needer the jar file libraries that i use to run this class. it does`nt even see the java runtime from acuthin.

this is the error that i get in the acurcl.err

Error: could not find libjava.so
Error: could not find Java 2 Runtime Environment.

i do have environment variables declare on a .bash_profile, when i use a terminal application to login like (termlite) it does execute the class file, but using thinclient is my problem.

whell thats about it. any help please.

thanks..
0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] Acuthin java environment variable

Pedro,

When a thin client starts a runtime on the remote server, the runtime has the environment of it's parent process. In other words, the 'acurcl' process.

So the environment of the user that starts acurcl is the one that is used to search for environment variables.

Make sure that the user that started acurcl (usually root) has the approriate variables set in their .profile, or set them manually before starting acurcl.

Hope this helps.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] Acuthin java environment variable

Thank you Dunkan your answer did work, it help me configure right the varieable in the .profile, there was also a link problem on a file that calls java runtime. thank so for the support
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.