Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[archive] Adjustable Columns in Grid

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 28 August 2007]

'Display Screen1 Upon Screen1-Handle' will reset the grid columns. If I omit this line the column-widths will remain where the user set them. However, I need to use this line to display changes in Labels, Entry Fields, etc. Is there any way around this??

Thanks
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] Adjustable Columns in Grid

Hello
We have the Adjustable Columns property on our grids set to True.
The users can adjust the size of the columns, but when the grid is modified or the users go to another screen and come back the grid columns revert to their original settings. Is it possible to make the user adjustments to column width "stick" until the screen is destroyed?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I would say this sounds like an undesired effect. At first thought I cannot justify this behavior, but there might be some rationale behind it. May I suggest that you report this to Tech support. Remember to provide a small example to reproduce it.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Well, you can do display on the individual items only. Like:

01 myscreen
    03 mybutton.
    03 mylabel.
    03 mygrid.
display myscreen.
*Event
display mybutton
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.