Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[archive] Alfred

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 10 April 2006]

We are looking to upgrade to 7.0 to get access to the Alfred source code. We need to add some auditing features for our accounting system when files are changed using Alfred. Has anyone done this yet? Has anyone looked at the Alfred source to see how straight forward the code was written?

George
0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] Alfred

George:

I did and I'll tell you that ALFRED is not the best utility I saw, But
it comes with the package.

The source is somewhat unclear and complex because of its nature.

If you think in add some extra functions I would recommended that you add as well more control over the error logic situations.
I found unexpected loops many times.

The interfase is the worst I've ever seen.

At last, if you cannot afford to build your own utility...

Just give it a try.

Anyway, Good Luck.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] Alfred

It needs to display the record number you're on and a search function.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.