Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[archive] Alt-Tab window movement

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 14 April 2010]

Here is a scenario we are running into, I hope I can explain it clearly....

1. Screen A (floating) runs and kicks off Screen X (independent), so at this point we have 2 screens up. We are able to see both in the Task bar and using Alt-Tab.
2. Menu Item on Screen A opens Screen B (floating).
3. Once screen B opens Screen X is no longer available alt-tab to. The only way to get Screen X back is to click on the task bar.
4. Once you close down screen B and are back on Screen A......miraculously Screen X is able to Alt-Tab to.

Any clues as to how to keep Screen X always in the Alt-Tab selection? Our users are trained to not use the mouse and Keystrokes are counted so we need it to stay in the Alt-Tab list.

Thanks
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] Alt-Tab window movement

Come on guys I am begging!!!!

Any help or ideas would be great, Thanks
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

The parent/child window interaction with floating and independent windows is complex. There "should" be a way to create all of your windows to behave the way your users need.

Please attach a small program demonstrating the way the windows are programmed in your application. I will check it out when I have time.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

We ended up finding a solution that worked for our users by adding a menu item to the screens in question that will call a paragraph that does a "set i-o window..." command.

Thanks again for any help from this or other threads.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.