Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[archive] Am I running thin client or not?

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 31 October 2007]

We have 2 installations of our software, one using thin client and the other is windows based doing a runcbl32. My question is if anyone knows how I can tell which way the application was invoked? We did not have any issues with this until we started making calls to system dlls, like kernel32 and/or user32.

I tried looking for info on this, but could not find anything that told me how to tell.

thanks Mike
0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] Am I running thin client or not?

Hi,

Taken from 1.5.2.5 of the User Interface manual:-accept TERMINAL-ABILITIES from TERMINAL-INFO
The IS-REMOTE field is set to "true" if the program is running with AcuXUI or thin client. When IS-REMOTE is "true", CLIENT-MACHINE-NAME is set to the name of the client that is running AcuXUI or thin client, plus a hyphen ("-") and the hex value of the client process ID.

Cheers,

Ian
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.