Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[archive] Another Date Control Question.

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 13 January 2005]

Is there a way to pop up just the calendar portion of the date control on the screen.

I need to be able to evaluate an entry field for valid data and if it is not valid, I need to be able to pop up the calender portion of a date control so the user can select a valid date from that control, then pass that back so the valid date information could be displayed.

If there is a windows API call that would pop up the calender and return the value selected, that would work as well. Then I could just defined a push button to make the same call.
0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] Another Date Control Question.

If I understand you right, you want to pop up a monthview?

You can do that with the MonthView control in MSCOMCT2 control library that is a part of the distribution of 6.2.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] Another Date Control Question.

For anybody interested, here is the program I came up with to utilize the MonthView control. This program displays a floating window with the MonthView screen.
You can look at the linkage file for the paramaters passed to the program.
It will allow you to set a future date or history date parameter and that controls if the user can select or click on a date that is not valid. If the user presses the Escape key, it will return a date of all zeros, so you can react to that as well.

Feel free to use this program and if you have ideas or ways to better enhance it, let the users of this forum (especially me) know.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.