Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[archive] Anyone try using Active Reports?

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 15 April 2005]

Active Reports from Data Dynamics is a report writer control, and the Pro version has an end-user report designer component.

I can put the Designer control on a form in Acubench, but when I try to generate the .def file using Axdefgen, it aborts with an exception (and it appears that the exception is in the Designer control, not Axdefgen, when I look at the details of the exception).
0 Likes
6 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] Anyone try using Active Reports?

With Acubench a component must have been installed with a designtime license. You may want to check that that is the case.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I'm pretty sure the license is there - I downloaded their 30 day demo, and I can use the designer control in VB.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

There are two kinds of licenses, design time license and enduser license. If it is a trial install, chances are it is an enduser license. Which Acubench won't accept.

If you can create a .def file and a simple report by programming outside of Acubench, I am confident this is the problem.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Post me the .def file, and I will see if I have something around that you can test.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Originally posted by gforseth
There are two kinds of licenses, design time license and enduser license. If it is a trial install, chances are it is an enduser license. Which Acubench won't accept.

But if the trial is meant to allow you to use the controls in VB to create progams during the 30 day trial, it would have to be a design time control, wouldn't it? I can create a form in VB and put the Active Reports contols on it and run the program with the trial.

As for sending you a .def file, I can't - it never generates it. The exception occurs before axdefgen writes any output.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

You can usually work with a component on a enduser licens too, the difference is that with the designtime license you are allowed to store resources, initial setup and ambient properties.

You should be able to generate a .def file if you use AxDefGen from the command line (you should find it in acugt\bin directory).
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.