Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[archive] Application Cursor????

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 22 February 2005]

Does anyone know how to change the application cursor? By this I mean the "|" that shows where the user prompt is sitting? We have users that want to change it so that it is more visible to where they are in the entry fields on a screen.

Thanks
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] Application Cursor????

Originally posted by kwt10
Does anyone know how to change the application cursor?

Caret it is. The answer is both yes and no. It is possible to change the caret, but you cannot do it. That will have to be an enhancement request.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

How do I go about asking for it and Who do I ask? Are you saying that AcuCorp will have to change this (or make it changable)?

Thanks
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Originally posted by kwt10
How do I go about asking for it and Who do I ask? Are you saying that AcuCorp will have to change this (or make it changable)?

Thanks

Yes, it has to be a change to the runtime, typically it would be a global option, that you could specify preferred caret. Possibly per entry field too, I haven't looked into the details, but I am sure that would add to it.

The procedure of proposing enhancements is quite simple:

Contact your normal tech support and ask them to raise an enhancement request, then describe to the extent possible what you think of.

This will then be evaluated by an internal group at Acucorp, Inc. There are a number of parameters that rule whether a enhancement request is accepted or not. Of which I cannot go into details here.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.