Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[archive] Application Icon

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 13 November 2006]

Does anyone know how to change the application icon when wrun.exe starts?

a) because I want to show our icon that is shown on the desktop
b) I do not like the icon it uses and is reasonably meaningless to the user.

Our desktop icon shows when it initially loads up a batch file, but as soon as we reach the START WRUN ........... the runtime loads up and changes the icon.

Keith
0 Likes
11 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] Application Icon

Don't think you can Keith.

I looked into this before, and never got it to work, talked to support and was told that the ICON configuration entry only happened when the application was minimised anyway which was pointless from my point of view.

Shaun
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I think you need to rebuild the runtime and change the icon file it references in the resource file (.rc).
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

the icon definition in the cblconfi didn't work?
ICON M:\MUFFROHR\ACU\MASK\musoft.ico

we use this and it works fine
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I have tried the following entry

ICON C:\AM2000\AMLOGO.ICO

The file C:\AM2000\AMLOGO.ICO is a 4 bit 16 bit color icon produced by microangelo studio, 48 pixels wide 48 pixels high.

I am using version 7.20.

If the file exists I get a full blown run-time error.

"ACUCOBOL-GT 32-bit Runtime has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

If its is lower case in the configuration file, or references an icon file that does not exist it just ignores it.

The manual says this configuration entry ONLY works when application is minimised. I wonder why?

I admit it - I can't get it to work either !

Keith
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

The icon needs to be 16x16 - then it works. It also shows on the full window title, not just the minimsed task bar - so great - thanks to all for helping me to solve this one.

Do not think however that the runtime should collapse in a heap with a 48x48 icon somehow!

Keith
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

here is the icon we use - don't remember in which programm i created it :confused:

its
16x16 pixel
98 dpi
32 BIT

Edit: sorry for reply - i was writing during Keith's reply 😄
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I know this is getting really picky now - but when I have too many applications running for them to all be on the task bar, the group task bar entry shows the old ACU icon - but when you expand them each entry shown in the mnenu has the correct icon I want. A bit of a let down? Any ideas?

keith
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Keith,

Change the icon associated with your desktop application launch button.

That'll sort it.

Shaun
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Shaun

I already have my icon showing on the desktop. Before using the configuration entry the ACu ICON always appeared everywhere. It is just when the taskbar shows a group that it somehow now reverts to the ACU icon (description also changes to ACUCOBOL RUNTIME) from the window title I have assigned and the ICON specificed in the configuration file.

Keith
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Strange? works for me OK.

I'm using Windows XP professional 2002 with SP2.

Shaun
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Ditto - xp sp2
Keith
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.