Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[archive] Application on the WEB

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 06 February 2009]

Acu: 7.2.0

Hello,

I hope that someone can advice on this issue.

I've dev. and appl. (GUI) and I want to make it run on a web server. So users can access it via Internet.

before investing anymore money buying extra software from ACU_Corp(MF)
I wanted to be sure that it works.

I need to run the application as it's on the web without doing any changes.
(I've red the help and didn't get enough info.)

Do I just copy my application to the web server and make a link to it via a web-site? is it simple as this or extra steps have to be taken?

Thanks
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] Application on the WEB

From your description I figure there are two alternatives here. Both of them not requiring code changes.
One is that you can use the Web runtime, which will install in the browser as an activex component.
Another is that you can use the thin client Activex, pretty much the same as thin client, but it will be ran as an activex hosted by the browser.
Then of course it is also the Thin Client alternative.

Obviously you will have to do infrastructure work to set this up, but your .acu files do not need to be changed and you do not have to do any special coding. If you use Windows API and/or COM/Activex there might be some overhead though.

As to exactly what you have to do, that depends much on your app, as the devil is in the details I suggest you contact support for guidance on this.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hello Again,

I wonder is someone can help me.

- My application is already on a web-server(apache - Win32), running on my local computer.
- I've access to that web-server via Internet.
- I need the user to access my application on the apache via Internet.
- on a test web-page I made a link to the ---> wrun32.exe test.acu
- the web-browser prompts always to download the file wrun32.EXE instead of running it.

If the steps above are wrong, then what's is the good way pls?
Thanks
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hello Again,

I wonder is someone can help me.

- My application is already on a web-server(apache - Win32), running on my local computer.
- I've access to that web-server via Internet.
- I need the user to access my application on the apache via Internet.
- on a test web-page I made a link to the ---> wrun32.exe test.acu
- the web-browser prompts always to download the file wrun32.EXE instead of running it.

If the steps above are wrong, then what's is the good way pls?
Thanks

"on a test web-page I made a link to the ---> wrun32.exe test.acu"
You have to use script language such as "Perl" to trigger your "wrun32.exe test.acu", rather than you did now.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.