Former Member Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] Appointment / Scheduler / Calendar

Dan & Rob,

When I execute the code that Dan submitted, I get a "Type Mismatch" error when the ExportHTML Method is invoked?

How do I know which type is incorrect?

Thanks for you help Dan & Rob,

Jason
0 Likes
Absent Member.

Hmm, the @CHTMLParameters class appears to be an IDispatch type which has not been usable in acucobol-gt. Don't know if version 6.2 has changed this.
0 Likes
Absent Member.

Ok, it occured to me that version 6.2 let's you specify the variant type for an IDISPATCH type with the AS phrase. So, this line of code would change to:

MODIFY Schedule1 @ExportHTML(oHTMLParameters AS VT-DISPATCH)
    GIVING RETURN-CODE.

This explicitly passes oHTMLParameters as a dispatch variant type instead of the default iunknown type which was probably causing the mismatch.

I recommend you reference the 6.2 copybook activex.def in your program, otherwise VT-DISPATCH value is 9.

Also, check out the 6.2 Acucobol-GT Reference manual for the MODIFY verb, Format 1, Syntax Rule 21.
0 Likes
Absent Member.

Have anyone tried to access the TimeFont Property of the schedule.

I can see the TimeFont as an option in the properties window in VB6 for the schedule, but I don't see it in acubench?

Here is the entry from the DEF file generated in 6.2

* TimeFont
PROPERTY-GET, 1745027179, @TimeFont
RETURNING "Font*", TYPE 9
* TimeFont
PROPERTY-PUTREF, 1745027179, @TimeFont,
"Font* (Property_Value)", TYPE 9

Here is the entry from the help file on the control.

Property TimeFont() As StdFont

Any help would be appreciated...

Thanks
Jason
0 Likes
Absent Member.

Have anyone tried to access the TimeFont Property of the schedule.

I can see the TimeFont as an option in the properties window in VB6 for the schedule, but I don't see it in acubench?

Here is the entry from the DEF file generated in 6.2

* TimeFont
PROPERTY-GET, 1745027179, @TimeFont
RETURNING "Font*", TYPE 9
* TimeFont
PROPERTY-PUTREF, 1745027179, @TimeFont,
"Font* (Property_Value)", TYPE 9

Here is the entry from the help file on the control.

Property TimeFont() As StdFont

Any help would be appreciated...

Thanks
Jason
0 Likes
Absent Member.

Jason,

We use the TimeFont property in our application. Here's a snippet:

77 SCHED-HANDLE HANDLE OF @Schedule.
77 SCHED-FONT-HANDLE HANDLE OF IFONTDISP.

. . .

INQUIRE SCHED-HANDLE @TimeFont IN SCHED-FONT-HANDLE.
MODIFY SCHED-FONT-HANDLE @Size = n. | (or any other properties of font...)

Be sure you have acuclass.def. I'm not sure about AcuBench because I don't use it. Hope this helps.

Rob
0 Likes
Absent Member.

Rob,

The font code worked great....

Have another question....

When the following code is executed.

MODIFY SS-SCHED, @ShowDay("01/08/2005").

I get a "member not found" error. Any idea why?

Thanks again for all your...your a life saver....

Jason
0 Likes
Absent Member.

Jason,

No idea... I have code very similar to that and it works fine. Make sure your "def" file was created by a current version of AXDEFGEN (I believe it should be the same version as the runtime).

Rob
0 Likes
Absent Member.

If your using the def file I included with my sample, remember that it is two years old, and would be out of date with the current version of the schedule control, so you really need to recreate it with the axdefgen that matches your compiler and runtime. It is on the Tools menu of AcuBench.

It is typically a good rule of thumb to recreate your def file for the version of the component your using. So, if gravitybox for instance releases an updated schedule control, and you decide to release it with your product, you really should recreate the def file, recompile your programs and test before releasing.

Also, when you recompile your programs with an updated acucobol compiler, it may be necessary to recreate the def files to that compiler/runtime version as well. This is becasue acucorp will sometimes make changes to the definitions inside the def file. Sometimes these changes are obvious because of compile errors, other times they don't show up until you execute the programs with the runtime.

So, the two rules to follow with axdefgen def files:
1.) Make sure they match the version of the component(activex control).
2.) Make sure they match the version of the compiler and runtime.
0 Likes
Absent Member.

Dan, I just want to state your contribution here is outstanding.

Gisle
0 Likes
Absent Member.

Rob,

Thanks for all your help. You too Dan.. I've been able to get everything working.... Ran into a little snag on the installation though.

It says on the website for gravity box that I only need to distribute these to files.

GBSCHEDULE.OCX, GBXMLPARSE.DLL.

I've sent these and registered them on a machine and I still get the message "Error creating active-x control".

Is there another file I'm missing?

thanks again for all the help....

Jason
0 Likes
Absent Member.

I think this control was written in Visual Basic which means the vb runtime must be installed. You can download the free vb runtime here: http://www.karenware.com/progs/vbrun60-setup.exe
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.