Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[archive] Automating Outlook

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 20 November 2007]

I have a program that sends emails through Outlook and it seems to be working very well. But, I have two customers, both with the Basic edition of Office that it will not work on. I get a "specified module could not be found" error immediately on the

CREATE APPLICATION OF OUTLOOK HANDLE IN OUTLOOK-HANDLE.

line of my code. So, I tried to generate definition on that individual pc so that the .def file would be for that specific version of Outlook and compiled the program with the .def made on that PC and I get the same error. I have tried to research on the web, but I am not having any luck. Is it because it is the Basic version of Office that the automation doesn't work on. I have used this program on some really really old versions of Office/Outlook and it works as well as the new Office 2007 and various versions in-between.

Any thoughts or ideas are greatly appreciated.

TIA,
Rebekah
0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] Automating Outlook

My best bet would be that it might be that anti virus features of some kind may have disabled the automation interface.
I have never heard of this before, so I figure your best bet is if you could get some vb code and test it with, if that fails as well (which I presume it will), then you should contact Microsoft for an explanation.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.