Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[archive] BITMAP Component does not allow a "gif" file?!

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 12 May 2009]

I would like to insert my favorite throbber(a gif file) into a bitmap component, but bitmap only accept "bmp" and "jpeg". How could I insert my "gif" into the GUI form? I tried to convert my "gif" to "bmp", but the "bmp" will lose some frames, so I have to still use "gif"? Does anyone have any idea?
0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] BITMAP Component does not allow a "gif" file?!

The bitmap control will not allow a gif. The only way I could see a gif would be to use the web browser control and set the browser to a page that has your gif (ugly solution)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

The bitmap control will not allow a gif. The only way I could see a gif would be to use the web browser control and set the browser to a page that has your gif (ugly solution)

Thanks Dilbert.

It is "ugly" due to the scroll bar.

I think I need to take some effort to create a "bmp" throbber.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

acubench properties

bitmap-end = 13
bitmap-number = 1
bitmap-start = 1
bitmap-timer = 10
bitmap-width(size) = 128
bitmap-lines = 15
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Never find this "secret" in acucorp On-Line HTML Document(6.1 and 8.0).

Thanks Nitallica, and Dilbert.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

It was great that nitallica converted the gif into an animated bitmap. The tour sample program uses an animated bitmap as well.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.