Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[archive] Backspace in GRID

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 15 October 2004]

I have the F8-key programmed as the key to delete records. So when inquiring a customer, pressing F8 will delete the customer after the user has been prompted with a message-box, asking to delete this customer Yes/No...

In the customer-form, there's a TAB-control. On one of these tabs there's a GRID-control.

Now, if I go to the grid and press the BACKSPACE, my software act as if the F8-key is pressed, asking to delete this record ?

How can I evoid this behavior ?
0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] Backspace in GRID

Do you have anything for "ZB" in your A_CONFIG file?

The ASCII value for backspace is 8 (^H), so if F8 is also causing an exception value of 8, that is probably why they act the same. But I am not sure why backspace would be creating an exception.

I have not tried it, but you could try putting something like this in your A_CONFIG file:

KEYSTROKE Edit=Backspace ZB
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I tried changing my configuration file but backspace still act as F8.
My exeption range = 1,31

I attached a small program for you to see what happens.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I think what Joe is saying is that you need to set your Backspace key to a different exception value. For instance, in our accounting application we set the backspace to exception value to 91 which avoids F8 conflict:

KEYSTROKE Edit=Backspace Exception=91 ZB

I ran this config setting with your sample program and it works for me.

Not sure what will happen if your limiting your exception range to 1,31. You could use an exception value in that range for backspace or expand your range.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

This works just fine DanM, even with exception range 1,31

Thanks alot
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.