Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[archive] Backspace in accept

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 21 June 2005]

Good days,

I'm using this accept in a loop to refresh the window if is minimized, but something is wrong with somekeys like backspace, f10, f11, f12 or insert, home, end and supr; those keys freeze the loop. This only ocurrs with that keys, with another ones dont happen.

perform until a = 2

add 1 to aux1

accept cancelar-proceso before time 0,1 auto off
on exception key-status
if key-status = 27
move 2 to a
end-if
end-accept.

modify La-Mensaje, title aux1

end-perform

Why this could be?
0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] Backspace in accept

You have to remove the system-menu clause of your screen.
For example the ALT - key opens (hidden) the menu and awaits your selction.

if you use the accept before time you maybe need to remove all elements from the screen, which are able to accept something (entry field, checkboxes and so on).
in most cases it is the best and only way to show a second screen with only labels. Like "Please wait ...". And then accept these screen until your loop is done.

Ugly .. but no other way implemented 😞 .
We should add this to the wishlist (And i have found many more bugs like these!).

One Acu-Employee told me a long time ago these keys are "the default windows pause keys" 😄 😄 😄
Funny guy he is.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.