Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[archive] Blank entry in dropdown of COMBO-BOX?

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 09 July 2004]

I cannot seem to get a (hex 20) in the dropdown list on my COMBO-BOX. In this particular COMBO-BOX, a is a valid entry & I only want the end-user to choose from the dropdown list. I have tried to force a as the first entry in the COMBO-BOX list with no luck.
0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] Blank entry in dropdown of COMBO-BOX?

Hi Toma6104

for viewing a blank entry in a combo-box use this example of code:

01 TEXT-FIELD PIC X(10) VALUE SPACES.

MOVE SPACES TO TEXT-FIELD.
MODIFY Combobox-Control RESET-LIST = 1.
MODIFY Combobox-Control
ITEM-TO-ADD = ("A - text 1"
"B - text2"
"C - text3"
"D - text 4").
MODIFY Combobox-Control VALUE TEXT-FIELD.

After perfomring this operations the COMBO-BOX hat no Value inside an the user must select one of the items.
To view a blank entry in the combo-box, you have to display a nonprintable character like X'A0' in the item-to-add definition.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.