Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[archive] C$JAVA and Solaris SPARC problem

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 23 May 2007]

Has anyone managed to use the C$JAVA COBOL call using Sun Solaris 9 (SPARC).

After a few other issues I am receiving the following message when Java VM is loaded by the Acu runtime :-

You must install a Solaris patch to run the native threads version of the
Java runtime. The green threads version will work without this patch.
Please check the native threads release notes for more information.

If you are embedding the VM in a native application, please make sure that
the native application is linked with libthread.so (-lthread).

Exiting.

I am strugling to found out which patch is required to sort out this problem. I am unable to relink the runtime as I do not have the appropriate compiler (Workshop Compiler?)

If anyone has interfaced with Java on Sun Solaris I would be very interested to see how you managed to do it using C$JAVA call !! :confused:
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] C$JAVA and Solaris SPARC problem

Add this to your java options

JAVA_OPTIONS -XX:+UseAltSigs

You will need to relink the runtime with the jvm.so

link in libjvm.so is to add the last line to this command in lib/Makefile (after line 208):

LIBS = $(ACUSERVER_LIBS) \
$(ACU_LIBDIR)/libacvt.a \
$(ACU_LIBDIR)/libfsi.a \
$(REGEX_LIB) \
$(TERMMGR_LIB) \
$(FSI_LIBS) \
$(VISION_LIB) \
$(ACUSQL_LIBS) \
$(CICS_LIB) \
$(MQSERIES_LIB) \
$(EXTSM_LIB) \
$(ACME_LIB) \
$(COMPRESSION_LIB) \

/jdk/jre/lib/sparc/client/libjvm.so
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks for your post, when you relinked the runtime which compiler did you use (and can you download it from Sun for free!!). My installation of Solaris does not seem to have a c compiler or associated utilities such as "make".

Its a shame that it cannot work with the shared library as this make life so much easier on customer sites, where getting access to a c compiler is sometimes impossible.

The C$JAVA call was working so well on windows but I fear now I may need to look at another solution,:( as we have customers on several version of Solaris, HPUX, AIX, etc and relinking all these runtimes is probably a non-starter.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I used the ANSI C compiler. I think we purchased it as a bundle when we bought that server but I don't truly remember. I doubt that it is free.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.