Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[archive] C$System to call Windows function in Thin Client

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 17 September 2007]

Hi,

I have a program that does:
call "c$system" using "c:\createpdf.bat", giving exit-status.

When I run it outside of thin client it works ok but when I run it in thin client I get exit status of 127. I am using windows XP on the client side and Linux for the AcuConnect Server.

Does anyone know why the call to the client system is not working in thin client.

thanks,
0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] C$System to call Windows function in Thin Client

When using C$SYSTEM and want someting to occur on the client you need to set csys-desktop and set the flag to 128 instead of 64.

CALL "C$SYSTEM"
USING CMD-LINE, FLAGS
GIVING EXIT-STATUS
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks for the help,

That worked.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I have problems with the other side.

I have a program that does:
call "c$system" using "txt2pdf" , giving exit-status.
or
call "c$system" using "txt2pdf" 64, giving exit-status.
or
call "system" using "txt2pdf" , giving exit-status.

When I run it in the linux machine it works ok but when I run it in thin client I get exit status of 127. I am using windows XP on the client side and Linux for the AcuConnect Server.

Please help me.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

For the Thin client you neeed to include @DISPLAY -

C$SYSTEM can be used to execute a program in Thin Client environments. To execute a program on the display host in a thin client environment, add the prefix "@[DISPLAY]:" to the name of any program that resides on the client machine. For Example:

C$SYSTEM "@[DISPLAY]:C:\path\file1.ext"
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

If txt2pdf resides on the linux machine does any kind of display it will fail when running with Thin Client since there is no way for any display not done by the ACUCOBOL-GT runtime to be displayed by the Thin Client.

If txt2pdf resides on the linux machine and never does any display the problem is possibly due to the c$system or system call failing as it does not find txt2pdf unless you have USE_UNIX_SHELL set to 'true' in your AcuRCL configuration file.

If txt2pdf and resides on the Windows machine then Dilberts answer is perfect.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.