Hello everyone,
I noticed this bad behaviour in a 701 Thin client environment:
I've program1 that makes an accept of an entry-field with:

accept handle-my-entry-filed on exception continue
end-accept

than I launch program2 using hot-key: this program makes
call "msvcrt.dll@__cdecl"
due to get client fileinfo.
Than when I return to program1 the accept is terminated with an exception value of 0 or 1.
Has anyone an idea of avoiding it?
Thanks in advance. Giovanni.
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] Calling Dll Causes Accept Termination

Could the hot key be terminating the accept?

Could you just loop back to the accept after the termination under these circumstances?

Rob
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Rob,
sorry for this delayed reply, I was out of office for some days.
1) no the use of the hotkey normally doesn't terminate the accept of the run-unit in which the program currently is, it usually switch to the hot-key program and when it's finished it returned in the original state
2)of course I can loop back to the accept but the matter is that an hot-key can be issued all over the 1000 programs we manage, so we can't search for each accept and maybe workaround an unexpected accept termination 'cos in some cases the exception value after is setted to a value like it would have benne pressed not an hot key but a normal function key (to which normally our programs have to react).
3)the strange thingh is that this behaviour apperas only with Acuthin and not with Wrun32.
Bye Giovanni
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

If it's a difference between thin client and the windows runtime, you might send it to tech support. Perhaps there is something that has been fixed or needs to be fixed.

Rob
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.