Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[archive] Calling Programs From A Thread

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 19 August 2003]

I have a multi threaded application. From within the main thread of this app i am calling a program which when it returns to the calling thread it returns to a point in the calling program no where near the place i called it from. I placed a "goback 0" right at the beginning of this program and then it returned to the proper line. I then took this "goback 0" and kept dropping it down in the code until it then returned again to the improper spot. I have narrowed it down to a perform where it simply reads a control (setup) file. If i insert the goback before the perform it returns to the proper location, however if i do the goback after this perform it returns to the calling thread in a totally unrelated section of code and then falls thru the code from that point forward.

Anyone out there run across a similar problem???
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] Calling Programs From A Thread

This is an interesting incident.

Please go ahead and send a demonstration program to support@acucorp.com, where the issue will be handled by the next available Technical Support Analyst, and will be able to perform further research into why this is happening, as the thread should return to the code area where it was started from.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Any Chance we could setup a webex session?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Please send your request and explanation of issue to the Technical Support E-Mail address support@acucorp.com or fill out the online Technical Support form at http://www.acucorp.com/forms/technical_support.php, and your request will be passed onto the next available Technical Support Analyst and officially processed on your behalf.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.