Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[archive] Can old AcuConnect clients connect to AcuConnect 6.0?

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 09 February 2004]

Hi,

As the subject says ...

can old Acuconect clients (4.3.1 / 5.2) connect to the new version 6.0 AcuConnect?

I know 4.3.1 could connect to 5.0 and 5.2 but I seem to be having problems when connecting to 6.0.

I suspect the AcuConnect re-write might result in us having to update all the clients ... which isn't all bad ;).

Thanks,

Ray Smith
0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] Can old AcuConnect clients connect to AcuConnect 6.0?

You cannot mix versions of Acuconnect client and server, so the answer to your question is no.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks for the info,

Is this information in the AcuConnect doco?
(It wasn't obvious if it is in the doco).

Thanks,

Ray
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I really have no idea.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

This is in the doc, though I don't have the appropriate manuals available to give a specific chapter/section/paragraph.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.