Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[archive] Closing Floating Window and specifying underlying input field

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 06 October 2008]

I can do one or the other.

I want to close a floating window and have the curser at a specified field in the calling program.

I can close the window when double clicking from a list box. I can disable controls in the underlying screen, but when I try to specify a field to go to, the screen will no longer close.

Perform Acu-CustNameScreen-Exit. ( to close the floating window )
Display Screen1. ( to update the parent screen )
Modify Screen1-Ef-1, ENABLED = 0. ( that works )
Move 4 to ACCEPT-CONTROL. ( THAT IS WHAT CAUSES THE CLOSE FLOATING WINDOW ABOVE TO STOP WORKING)
MOVE 10 TO CONTROL-ID.

Is there a proper way to make the curser go to a specific input field after closing a floating window? Should it be something other than a floating window?

Thanks
0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] Closing Floating Window and specifying underlying input field

damm... no clues out there....

I played with the tabs. have some sucsess in controling the input field but don't have real ability to control what frame and control I will land on after closing floating window. I can't be the first to have this need or problem.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hmmm, something seems amiss.

You should not have to use this syntax in order for the accept to terminate from the floating window.
Move 4 to ACCEPT-CONTROL. ( THAT IS WHAT CAUSES THE CLOSE FLOATING WINDOW ABOVE TO STOP WORKING)

Have you launched the floating windows due to an event on the main window, meaning that the accept has not terminated from the first window?

When returning to the main window are you in the accept of that window?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

If I understand your problem correctly and you do not call the floating window from an event procedure as Dilbert mention above, try this:

PERFORM Acu-CustNameScreen-Routine (call the floating window)
(when you close the window you return here)
Move 4 to ACCEPT-CONTROL.
MOVE 10 TO CONTROL-ID.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

We have reported an issue like this to Acucorp (Microfocus) and they have sent it to Development to try and fix. I will try to keep you updated of the ECN once we get answers (SupportLine Incident #2259502).

Thanks
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I saw the program you submitted and I could not reproduce the issue (based on AcuConnect on Linux). I do understand that some people use -c and -z compiler flags to have a more recent compiler make objects for an older runtime.

There were major opt codes changes placed into Thin client after 6.2. By using -c62 and -z62 you do not receive the benefit of the op code changes. Does your issue reproduce when you do not use -c62 and -z62?
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.