Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[archive] Closing Print Preview

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 02 May 2006]

Hello,
We are using the Print Preview to display a report created in Report Composer in version 6.0. It works fine when the program is run in Acubench, but when we copy it out to our production folder and run the executable, it does not work properly. The print preview displays fine, but when we hit 'Close' it closes, then pops up again. We have to hit 'Close' a second time to make it disappear. Has anyone run into this problem??
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] Closing Print Preview

I have been wrestling with requirement for print preview for some time now and have gone down the pfd writer route.

You say your are using the 'print preview'. Can you tell me exactly what you are using and how it works?

Regards
Keith
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

If you create a graphical report called "StatRept" in Report Composer. Acubench automatically creates a routine called "Acu-StatRept-Preview" which brings up a preview of your report and allows you to format your page, select your printer, etc. It is similar to the print preview in Word. Hopefully this helps.

Acu-StatRept-PREVIEW.
PERFORM Acu-StatRept-PRINT-TOFILE
PERFORM Acu-StatRept-PRINT-PARA
SET ENVIRONMENT "DLL_CONVENTION" to "1"
CALL "AcuBenchPrintDummy"
ON EXCEPTION CALL "AcuBenchPrint.dll" END-CALL
END-CALL
CALL "AcuBenchPrintExecWBPreview" USING
BY CONTENT PRT-FULLFILENAME,
BY CONTENT PRINT-BROWSER-PARA,
BY CONTENT ACU-PAPER-HEADER,
BY CONTENT ACU-PAPER-FOOTER,
BY CONTENT ACU-PAPER-SIZE,
BY VALUE ACU-PAPER-ORIENTATIONINT,
BY CONTENT ACU-PRINTER-NAME
END-CALL
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks for the quick reply.

I do not use AcuBench, and do not know exactly what the report composer is. I suppose I will need to look into this further, as without understanding what AcuBench is generating I am a little lost in the syntax you have shown me.

Regards
Keith
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.