Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Former Member Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[archive] Collapse, Preformatted and keep space...

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 22 December 2009]

Hi,

To create a field in a report I've always the 3 options(collapse, preformatted and keep space).
I've tested the three options but still I've two issues:

1. When printing a field and even if the field contains no data and the print condition is set to don't print if the field has spaces, it's spaces is still kept in the report, (print condition = xyz not = ' ')

2. If the printed field has some data and the rest of the field is empty, the empty spaces is also kept, means that the original spaces is also kept.

3. Does the 'Collapse' means that the printed field will be expanded(collapsed) according to the received data or what?

Any tips to avoid these two issues?
Thanks
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.