Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[archive] Combo Box

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 23 November 2005]

I am new to AcuCobol and I am trying to use a drop list and display information in it from a file. Probably and easy task but I have not found the right direction to take.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] Combo Box

Each time you read a record from your file, just modify the drop list like so.
MODIFY MY-LIST, ITEM-TO-ADD RECORD

You can also give it a default value by doing something like this
MODIFY MY-LIST, VALUE WHATEVER-THE-DEFAULT-IS

Shaun
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] Combo Box

As you are new to Acucobol, you may not know about PAGED list boxes.

They allow you to have a list for a file that contains thousands or even millions of records. The list box only shows you a 'window' of x records (depending on it's size) that you can scroll up and down.

Unfortunately, however, you cannot use it as a 'drop-list'.

Apart from that it is a very useful way to view records in a very large file (and it has a search facility too).
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.