Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[archive] Combobox in grid

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 10 December 2003]

Is there a way to put a combobox in a grid like the property-screen in Acubench ?

Regards
0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] Combobox in grid

I place a combo box on the grid to do this. I compute the exact row that it will be appear using the CURSOR-Y and VSCROLL-POS. It's a little tricky, so if you interesting for, i could send you a sample code.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

We did the same thing, but it did not always act properly depending on how the mouse/keyboard was used.

We are currently using the FlexGrid from Component One, which has the ability to have a combo box in a cell, among other things.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hans, I sent you the sample program in your email.

Adam.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

BMS,

I don't have your source anymore but I managed to place a button in one of the cells.

Wen I click the button, the grid generates a msg-evt-goto-cell instead of the button-on-click event.

The button is not in a separate cell. It's in a cell with no data, but the cell-color is used to set a color as one can see in the atachment.

I managed to produce the button-on-click code, but not with the button-on-click event so I wonder if this normal behavior.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.