Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[archive] Conditional breakpoints problem

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 11 March 2009]

I've noticed that it's impossible to use a conditional breakpoint in the debugger (version 8.0.0) when the program-id is long (for example, 16 characters). It's possible to set the breakpoint, but the program-id is truncated in the list of breakpoints and execution doesn't stop.

Has anyone else had this problem, and are there any workarounds, aside from making the program-id shorter?
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] Conditional breakpoints problem

I can not reproduce what you are experiencing.
I used the sample tour program and changed the Program-id to Touris16characterslong. I then set a condition breakpoint on the
ACCEPT Terminal-Abilities FROM Terminal-Info

The condition was based on data that came from the
ACCEPT System-Information FROM System-Info,

in this case I used the condition USER-ID="dilbert" and the program stopped at the breakpoint.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

There must be something additional going on, then. Thanks for taking a look at it.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

There is a known problem setting breakpoints from the debugger prompt (e.g. "b 0,longnameprog"). The name truncates at 10 characters. This is fixed by ECN-3812 in Version 8.1.1, for which there is not yet a release date.

If you have a current support contract you may contact Customer Care to inquire if there is a patch available for your platform.

In the meantime to set such a breakpoint you must step into the program, place the cursor on the line to break, then press F4.

Regards,
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.