Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[archive] Connect from Linux to Microsoft SQL server

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 20 November 2002]

One option that has worked well for other customers and Acucorp (!) is to use AcuConnect. I.e., your Linux application calls a COBOL program on the NT server via AcuConnect, that program accesses MSSQL via Acu4GL-MSSQL or AcuSQL for MSSQL (AcuSQL is Acucorp's embedded SQL for ACUCOBOL-GT) and then passes the info back to the Linux application, again via AcuConnect. This is the method we use for our on-line knowledgebase (see "How it Works" on the KB page).

I would not expect Acu4GL-Sybase to work with MSSQL (the databases are quite different now as opposed to several years ago when they were the same), and it would not be an Acucorp supported configuration.

Hope this helps!

Regards,
0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] Connect from Linux to Microsoft SQL server

Is there a way to connect to Microsoft SQL server from my Linux machine?

Currently there is no Acu4GL for MS-SQL on Unix platforms but when I search on internet on "Linux" and "MS-SQL", I find that some Linux users use a Sybase connection method to MS-SQL.

There is an Acu4GL for Sybase on Linux, so I was wondering if someone was able to connect to MS-SQL in this way?

Regards,

Andr? Mathlener
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.