Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[archive] Control Handles

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 12 May 2006]

I wish to populate a number of combo boxed that are common to many programs.

Ideally I would likem to be able to pass the control's handle to a common sub-program so that the subprogram can populate the combo box and retrun to the calling program which will then update the display.

Although I can describe the combo box handle, I cannot see how to actually get the handle placed into it so I can do what I suggest. Window handles can be passed - is there a reason I cannot get hold of and/or pass a control's handle?

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Keith
0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] Control Handles

There are two ways to get a control handle.

The first is to DISPLAY the control with the phrase HANDLE IN MY-HANDLE

The second is to use a named SCREEN SECTION control and after displaying the screen, use the statement:
SET MY-HANDLE TO HANDLE OF SCREEN-ITEM

It really depends on how you display the control in the first place.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] Control Handles

Duncan

Thanks for this - I am using the controls in a screen section and the 'set' trick was the one I needed.

Keith
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.