Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Former Member Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[archive] Conversion of ACU DISPLAY SCREEN <size> in Micro Focus Cobol

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 18 June 2008]

Hi there,

Does anybody know how it would be possible to replicate with Micro Focus
cobol on Unix the ACU specific screen width switching display:
DISPLAY SCREEN 132
DISPLAY SCREEN 80
?

The closest from this I have found in Micro Focus Cobol (Server Express) is to do a call "cobtermmode" using
with 0 meaning 80 Columns and 1 meaning 132.

The problem is - so far - I got it only working with TERM=vt100 (with no color support) and also anything I try to display after column 80 when in 132
columns mode is simply ignored.

As in ACU, I need to be able to seamlessly switch (with full color support)
between screens with a 132 columns width and others with 80 columns width.

Apparently cobtermmode relies on terminfo and can only switch between 132 and 80 columns if the terminfo file includes support for wide mode (ie: vt100-w with cols#132)

Ideally I would probably need to get hold of a Terminfo file with the
following capabilities:
switching between 80 and 132 columns modes
+ full color support

Any advise would be very welcome.
Daniel
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.