Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[archive] Creating an new file wich Acuserver

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 31 December 2009]

An open output doesn't create the file in the directory. When I first copy the same files from another PC(without Acuserver), then the open output is good and every thing works fine. The name of the file is B-SF04.DAT. All users have all rights on the server 2003. Where is the mistake? Umask? the value I use is 002.
0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] Creating an new file wich Acuserver

try this code
set FILENAME_SPACES environment variable to 0 before the open the data file
set environment "filename-spaces" to 0
set "V-Version" to your_vision_version_number -> (2,3,4,5)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I put them to my SERVECONFI, but still the open output doesn't work when the file doesn't exits. Here is the piece op logging: 000685 >>>>trying CS\BEST\FPNNPC\SUBBK\B-SF04.DAT
000686 >>>>trying @SRV-NNPC3:C:/APPS/CS/PROG/ACUP/CS\BEST\FPNNPC\SUBBK\B-SF04.DAT
000687 -->use existing (7), assign_name: @SRV-NNPC3:C:/APPS/CS/PROG/ACUP/CS\BEST\FPNNPC\SUBBK\B-SF04.DAT, filesystem: 0, external_name: @SRV-NNPC3:C:/APPS/CS/PROG/ACUP/CS/BEST/FPNNPC/SUBBK/B-SF04.DAT
000688 >>>file status = 35
000689 CS\BEST\FPNNPC\SUBBK\B-SF04: close (thread 671)
000690 >>>file status = 42
000691 >>>trying alias = CS\BEST\FPNNPC\SUBBK\B-SF04
000692 CS\BEST\FPNNPC\SUBBK\B-SF04: open i-o (thread 671)
000693 >>>translated name = CS\BEST\FPNNPC\SUBBK\B-SF04.DAT
000694 >>>>trying @SRV-NNPC3:C:/APPS/CS/PROG/ACUP/CS\BEST\FPNNPC\SUBBK\B-SF04.DAT
000695 -->use existing (7), assign_name: @SRV-NNPC3:C:/APPS/CS/PROG/ACUP/CS\BEST\FPNNPC\SUBBK\B-SF04.DAT, filesystem: 0, external_name: @SRV-NNPC3:C:/APPS/CS/PROG/ACUP/CS/BEST/FPNNPC/SUBBK/B-SF04.DAT
000696 >>>>trying @SRV-NNPC3:C:/APPS/CS\BEST\FPNNPC\SUBBK\B-SF04.DAT
000697 -->use existing (10), assign_name: @SRV-NNPC3:C:/APPS/CS\BEST\FPNNPC\SUBBK\B-SF04.DAT, filesystem: 0, external_name: @SRV-NNPC3:C:/APPS/CS/BEST/FPNNPC/SUBBK/B-SF04.DAT
000698 >>>>trying CS\BEST\FPNNPC\SUBBK\B-SF04.DAT
000699 >>>>trying @SRV-NNPC3:C:/APPS/CS/PROG/ACUP/CS\BEST\FPNNPC\SUBBK\B-SF04.DAT
000700 -->use existing (7), assign_name: @SRV-NNPC3:C:/APPS/CS/PROG/ACUP/CS\BEST\FPNNPC\SUBBK\B-SF04.DAT, filesystem: 0, external_name: @SRV-NNPC3:C:/APPS/CS/PROG/ACUP/CS/BEST/FPNNPC/SUBBK/B-SF04.DAT
000701 >>>file status = 35
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Error 35 on open output usually means the directory doesn't exist. Neither the runtime nor acuserver will automatically create directories for you.

Does this directory (on the server) already exist?
C:/APPS/CS/PROG/ACUP/CS\BEST\TESTFP\SUBBK

Also, you can start acuserver with a logfile and set tracing to level 3 and get more information from the server side.

acuserve -start -le acuserve.log -t3
(or set the equivalent if you use the GUI acuserver control panel)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

The directory you mentioned doesn't exist. But c:\apps\cs\best\testfp\subbk exist. May the problem is in SERVECONFI wherein this line: FILE-PREFIX @SRV-NNPC3:C:\APPS\CS\PROG\ACUP @SRV-NNPC3:C:\APPS\. Two times a prefix. Some files are in CS\PROG\ACUP and the most files are in CS\BEST\TESTFP and subdirectorys.
APPS is a networkdrive and the drivename is I: So the structure of the directorys is, first CS. In directory CS are BEST and PROG. In BEST is TESTFP and in TESTFP are GRB10, SUBBK, HISTO and VERZK. In directory PROG are ACUP, FINP etc.
I shall start friday a logging of acuserve.
Thanks for the assistant so fare.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

OPEN OUTPUT will only attempt to create a file in the first path listed in your FILE_PREFIX.

Whereas OPEN INPUT/I-O will search for existing files, starting with the first entry in FILE_PREFIX; if not found, it will search the second entry, and so on.

The file's ASSIGN name is appended the to the search path in the FILE_PREFIX. It appears that you have CS\BEST\TESTFP\SUBBK hard-coded (or dynamically assigned) in the file's ASSIGN name, and that @SRV-NNPC3:C:/APPS/CS/PROG/ACUP is the first entry in your FILE_PREFIX. If you make the first entry in FILE_PREFIX "@SRV-NNPC3:C:/APPS", then the file should be created in the full path C:\APPS\CS\BEST\TESTFP\SUBBK.

(note that the runtime and acuserve will accept either forward/back slashes).

If you don't have too many files, you may want to use explicit aliases in your runtime config file -- one alias for each file:

B-SF04.DAT @SRV-NNPC3:C:/APPS/CS/BEST/TESTFP/SUBBK/B-SF04.DAT
aaaaaa.DAT @SRV-NNPC3:C:/APPS/CS/BEST/TESTFP/SUBBK/aaaaaa.DAT
bbbbbb.DAT @SRV-NNPC3:C:/APPS/CS/PROG/ACUP/bbbbbb.DAT

Then, make your ASSIGN names in the program just be the filename with no path:

SELECT .... ASSIGN TO "aaaaaa.DAT"
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.