Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[archive] Crystal-ODBC vers 5.2 versus v6

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 13 September 2005]

In the last few days with the help of several forum participants, I have tried to perfect my code to be able to call a crystl report from within an acucobol program. Using the com method I get the following: Server has not yet been opened". I decided to go back to the active-x method which has worked in the past. With the active-x method I get "Cannot open SQL Server: The active-x method is working on an older machine running Windows 98, vers 5.2 of the runtime and acuodbc. On my current machine I am running vers 6.2 of acugt and 6.0 of acuodbc, windows xp. I am using vers 8.5 of Crystal on both. I feel I must have somthing wrong in my set-up on the new machine, but can't seem to come up with anything, Any ideas?
0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] Crystal-ODBC vers 5.2 versus v6

I figure the best bet in situations like this is always to get some code from the vendor (in this case Crystal) that is supposed to work. I realise this is not COBOL of course, but if they provide something in VB or Delphi the transition should not be that bad, provided it is of limited size.
The biggest catch normally is the infrastructure 😞
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.