Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[archive] Crystal Reporting with ODBC data source

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 25 May 2004]

I am trying to integrate Crystal Reports with my AcuCobol app. I was fairly succesful with the OCX active-x control but was told by both Crystal and AcuCorp the preferred method was the RDC com component method. I am having difficulty with the syntax of the command to assign the odbc data source. With the OCX method the following worked:
Modify Crystal-1 Connect = DSN
(where DSN contained "DSN=field name of data set name)

I have tried the following but get compile errors:

Modify Handle-of-App @OdbcDataSourceName (DSN)

Any Ideas?
0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] Crystal Reporting with ODBC data source

You need to be more specific.

Posting a 10 line program including the definition file you use will certainly help.
It would also be convenient to see the actual error message the compiler throws.

A good advise is also to follow an example from the vendor, in this case Crystal. Obviously, they won't have any ACUCOBOL-GT example, but I am sure they have a 10 liner in vb, which we should be able to translate pretty easily.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.