Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[archive] Cursor Frame

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 02 March 2009]

Hello
Is it possible to display the cursor frame around the cursor cell programmatically without having to click on the cell?

Thanks
0 Likes
6 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] Cursor Frame

I'm not sure we understand your question.

You can modify the grid to set CURSOR-Y and CURSOR-X which will place the cursor on that specific cell.

If this doesn't do it please describe more about what you want to do and possibly attach a screen shot.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hello
I have set Cursor-X and Cursor-Y in the program to move the cursor to a particular cell, but the dark frame around the cell to indicate where the cursor is does not appear.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

It sounds like the focus has moved away from the grid. Even though you have modified it to place the cursor, the thick frame around that cell will not be seen unless the grid has focus.

After modifying the grid to place the cursor try setting ACCEPT-CONTROL to 4 and CONTROL-VALUE to whatever the grid is. This will place focus back on the grid when the event procedure finishes.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks, Doug
I will try it.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Another question, Doug
How do I find the grid's value to put in CONTROL-VALUE ?

Thanks
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

In acubench, click on the grid and look at the ID property
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.