Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[archive] Cursor, Tab And Frames

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 26 August 2005]

How do I get the cursor to move from one field in a frame to a field in another frame?

If I use:
MOVE 4 TO ACCEPT-CONTROL
MOVE 20 TO CONTROL-ID
... where 20 is in another frame, then the cursor acts as though it can't find it and moves to the next field either within that frame or on the base screen.

:confused:
0 Likes
7 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] Cursor, Tab And Frames

Additionally, this will work on a simple screen but not one where I am modifying other controls in the after event of a field. it seems control goes directly to the last control ID that I modified the contents of instead of going to where I want it to. This only seems to happen when frames are involved.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

While a frame does have a control-id, the frame can not receive focus. The behavior that you descibe, that the control inside the frame gets focus is correct. The focus goes to the first enterable field within the frame or the control within the frame that has the first tab order value. If you bring up your screen in AcuBench and select the frame, right click on the frame you will see the tab order for the controls within the frame. You can then reorder the tab order or in your control-id paragraph reference the control-id of the control within the frame that you want to have focus. Some controls like frames and bitmaps can not have focus as the control itself does not provide a function for the user.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

The problem is that the focus will **not** move from a field inside of one frame to a field inside of the next frame programmatically.

I have no way of doing this programmatically in places where I am modifying other fields as part of the original field's after procedures. It seems to want to go to heaven know's where.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Would you care to create an as small example code as possible and post it?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I am trying to put together something or use someone else's. My program is very large. We are finding that the acucobol workbench does not always generate as expected. For instance, if we keep modifying the screen, work items are not removed, etc. and you have to manually go to working storage to delete items. Likewise the same is true for the popup's that ask you if you also want to delete items, at times nothing show's in these and at times the display is bogus. Also when creating events under the exception handling, it does not process correctly until we then create a throw away event under the event handling, generate and then remove that event handling - only then finally the exception handling works. We are finding that it appears to be related to the bench generating improperly when changing and re-changing screens which we are doing quite a bit.
If you want my large project, I can email that.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I'm going to take a guess at something, when you do the move 4 to accept-control you are terminating the accept. In your program, once the event is through and you have terminated the accept how are you then accepting the screen.

move 4 to accept-control
move 7 to control-id

accept my-screen
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Originally posted by dhamu
We are finding that the acucobol workbench ...

I am sorry to hear that you have problems, but if you take the time to describe your issue in a reproduceable manner and report it to Tech Support, I am sure this will be addressed in an upcoming version if it turns out to be a bug.

If you want my large project, I can email that.

No thanks, I appreciate the offer but I prefer small reproduceables.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.