Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[archive] Date Picker

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 23 November 2005]

I am using the date picker on my screen but I am trying to make it e-z for users to enter information. I want them to be able to just key the numbers or if they slide a slash by accident that it will ignore that. They do not like to use the arrow over keys to enter the next set of numbers.

Thanks in advance for any help.
0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] Date Picker

There are several ways to handle displaying accepting dates. There is a Date-Entry control that displays the date and then allows the user to drop down a calendar and select a date.

You could use this type of syntax in the screen section to create three entry fields (no box) and then put a frame around them to make it look like a single field:

05 scr-mmr entry-field no-box
using req-mm numeric auto .
05 label "/" .
05 scr-ddr entry-field no-box
using req-dd numeric auto.
05 label "/".
05 scr-yrr entry-field no-box
using req-yr numeric .

You can use after procedures on each control to do month, day,year validation.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.