Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[archive] Date Time in 6.2....Question

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 07 December 2004]

Is there anyway to override the Windows Regional Settings default for the Date?

We want to control the way the data is displayed and saved and not let the windows settings control that.

We would like for it to always be displayed as MM/DD/YYYY and written out in data as YYYYMMDD.

Thanks for any help.
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] Date Time in 6.2....Question

I have found that you can get some quite unhelpful unexpected results if you attempt to over-ride the windows regional settings with the date entry control in 6.2. Although the display etc. works OK on the screen, the data you end up with in the receivng field for the date gets jumbled. I have implemented for now using the default windows regional setting and hope this problem I reported on the beta version will be fixed.

On a seperate note on this control, I do find that if the drop down is activated in the control, any after procedure on the control does not action properly.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

For those of you finding the embedded date control constraining, you may choose to use the DateTime control itself included on the installation CD.
Install this component (if not already present) and you will get access to all the bells and whistles it provides.

Note however, Windows regional settings are controlled by the locale settings in the control panel, these are meant to be the system wide setting, providing a unified interface throughout applications, hence, I strongly recommend to stay with these and not try to bring in "private standards".
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

You should be able to put MM'/'dd'/'yyyy in the Display Format field in AcuBench for that control. I have the value on mine set to pic x(8) and get the date back as YYYYMMDD but it displays as MM/DD/YYYY.
In the screen section it is defined as:
03 MNTNCF-De-2, Date-Entry,
COL 12.90, LINE 4.00, LINES 2.00 CELLS, SIZE 10.00 CELLS,
ENABLED Batch-Enabled, ID IS 7,
DISPLAY-FORMAT "MM'/'dd'/'yyyy", VALUE MNTNCF-De-2-Value.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.