Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[archive] Destroy statement....

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 06 October 2008]

Hello,

Ver. 7.2.0
Platform: Windows-XP SP3

I've a program which has more than one screen(form1 and form2).
In the main screen(form1) there is a push-button to load another screen(form2) which displayes a list of items in a grid-control.
once the user choses one of items in the list(grid), I'm terminating this screen(form2) and returing to the previous one(form1).

I use destroy form2-handle to exit the second screen and return to the previous one as mentioned above, but what happens is that the screen(form2) is terminated but the whole program is freezed.

Any tips...

Thanks
0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] Destroy statement....

maybe accept form2 statement is continue,
change "destroy form2-handle" code to "set exit-pushed to true".
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

tried what you said, but the same...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Are you in the event procedure of the grid when you are destroying the screen? Perhaps that is causing the problem?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Terminated the grid, but still getting the same problem.

If we start from zero, what should be done to select from a grid then directely close the screen without clicking on 'x'?

thanks
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Please attach a small sample program.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.