Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[archive] Different Versions of Excel

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 22 April 2005]

Okay, next question 😄

I have my little Excel data import/QueryTable app working quite nicely. The AxDefGen was run with the Excel 2000 version. The App works fine with Excel 2000 under WinNT, Excel 2000 under Windows 2000 5.0 SP4, and with Excel 2002 SP2 under Win XPPro.

However when we try to run it with Excel 2003 SP1 under Win XP, it crashes immediately on the line

CREATE @APPLICATION OF @EXCEL HANDLE IN EX-APP.

with the message "Internal Error #290".

So I went on this machine and ran AxDefGen for Excel 2003, recompiled. But it still crashes on that same line with the same error.

So is this something not code related, a setting or registration problem on his machine perhaps? Any other ideas?

TIA!
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] Different Versions of Excel

This is an error you normally get when your code is executing an illegal statement. Your line looks perfectly alright so if you are sure it is this CREATE statement that is causing your problem, the only reason I can think of is that you are using a version of the runtime that do not support the CREATE verb. What version are you using?
What is for sure, is that this error has nothing to do with Excel.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I am on version 6.2.0.1, but the machine where the error is occuring is on version 6.0.0.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

What you experience then is probably due to a new event handler code that has been introduced in conjunction with .net support. This has been fixed, but not in 6.2.0.1.

If you cannot build with 6.0.0 for this particular site, you wll have to upgrade the site then.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.