Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[archive] Division by zero

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 01 October 2008]

Hello,

Has anyone tried catching division by zero using the configuration variable A_CHECKDIV in version 8? I've tried setting it to 1, but I still get the default behavior (undefined result) when I test it.
0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] Division by zero

A_CHECKDIV can be set to:

NONE or: "0" : The default setting. This setting retains the default behavior of the runtime: the results are undefined.

ABEND or: "1", STOP, ABORT
This setting causes the runtime to catch the divide by zero condition and exit with the error message: "Attempt to divide by zero".

MOVE_ZERO or: "2", ZERO_RESULT, MOVE_ZEROS
This setting causes the runtime to move zeroes to the destination item(s) and continue.

Are you not receiving the error message, do you get a maeesage in your trace file, do you use the SIZE ERROR clause?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] Division by zero

Hi, Dilbert. Thanks for responding.

I don't receive the error message, there's nothing in my tracefile, and I don't use the SIZE ERROR clause.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.