Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[archive] Double mouse click in grid

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 22 November 2006]

I want to know (whitin a grid) if someone has double clicked.
I can't find an event for this so I tried using W$MOUSE.
When I enter the event procedure I call:
W$MOUSE USING 1, MOUSE-INFO but get no result IN LBUTTON-STATUS or MBUTTON-STATUS.

I have set "MOUSE-FLAGS" to ADD-LEFT-DOUBLE and ADD-MIDDLE-DOUBLE.

Andre
0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] Double mouse click in grid

A double-click puts the grid into entry mode. Check for this event:

MSG-BEGIN-ENTRY (value 16392)
This event occurs when the user starts modifying a cell in a grid control. EVENT-DATA-1 contains the column number of the cell, and EVENT-DATA-2 contains its record number. For convenience, the properties X and Y are set to the cursor's cell for the duration of this event (i.e., they are set to the cursor's location at entry to the event procedure and restored to their prior values at exit). This allows you to get a "before" image of the cell easily by simply doing an INQUIRE on CELL-DATA.

You can prevent the entry from occurring by setting EVENT-ACTION to EVENT-ACTION-FAIL
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] Double mouse click in grid

Yes that's it.

Thanks!

Andre
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.