Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[archive] Dymo Labelwriter

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 24 March 2003]

I would like to know how it is possible to call
activex-controles of the Dymo SDK from AcuCobol programs?
If anyone has any experience with this please let me know!

Thanks a lot, Jaap Voerman
0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] Dymo Labelwriter

Generally speaking,

any ActiveX component should be accessible from within ACUCOBOL-GT, I must admit that our support has matured a bit since the initial release back in 5.1, so it might be that you in some special case would be required to have version 5.2.1 or later, but I doubt so.

Is there any particular reason you ask? Or is it just that you would like an example? A starting point.

As noted in another thread here, we at Acucorp cannot get to know all components in the world, which means, you have to do some research on your own.

The way I use to do it, when I am facing a new control, is to look for a small example ("Hello world" style) in any language and then try to reproduce those steps with ACUCOBOL-GT. Then moving on, enhancing with more features as I learn the product to know.

So, why don't you look for some sample code for your component, be it Java, VB, Delphi or whatever, give it a shot, try to make an ACUCOBOL-GT counterpiece, if you can't get by it, post it here and I will take you and the rest of the forum through an interpretation journey, the basics of how to interpret another language into the semantics of ACUCOBOL-GT.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.