Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Former Member Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[archive] EVENT PROCEDURES with Windows 7

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 18 January 2010]

I have a routine that imports data from tab-delimited text files, or directly from Excel. I display a screen for the operator to enter the directory path and the filename to be loaded. On that screen I offer a "Browse" push-button. If the user clicks that button I execute a paragraph that CALLS "C$OPENSAVEBOX" so the operator can locate the file to be loaded.

The "Browse" Button in the screen section looks like this:

05 push-button, line + 1.75, col 60.0, LINES 1.25, size 9, title "&Browse", FONT IS small-font, NO-TAB, NO-AUTO-DEFAULT,
ID IS spio-dir-browse-pb-fid, EVENT PROCEDURE IS SP-DIR-BROWSE-DATAPATH-LOGIC.

The "C$OPENSAVEBOX" is called from the associated EVENT Procedure.

SP-DIR-BROWSE-DATAPATH-LOGIC.
IF EVENT-TYPE = CMD-GOTO AND EVENT-CONTROL-ID = spio-dir-browse-pb-fid
PERFORM LOAD-NAME-WITH-GUI-OPEN-WINDOW
SET EVENT-ACTION TO EVENT-ACTION-CONTINUE.

Under Windows XP and AcuGT 8.10 this has worked just fine.
Under Windows 7 using either AcuGT 8.10 or AcuGT 8.11 the SP-DIR-BROWSE-DATAPATH-LOGIC paragraph just keeps executing over and over again. (I've tried setting EVENT-ACTION to every possible setting, but it just keeps looping).

Are the developers for 8.12 aware of this problem under Windows 7 ??

:mad:
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.