Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[archive] Entry Field MAVS

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 05 February 2008]

Hi,

Has anyone experienced MAV's on windows XP when you start entering into an entry field (as in as soon as you hit a key in the entry field eg. '0')? There is nothing special about the entry field, it only has an after procedure. I am using 6.1 of the runtime.

Any ideas would be great

Thanks
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] Entry Field MAVS

It's a been a while since I have seen something like that. But, what comes to mind is if you are using a BEFORE TIME argument or if you have an EVENT-PROCEDURE that is doing something unusual or if there is perhaps an activex control on the same form, or if you running in a thread. Also, do you any special styles or properties set that you can try removing? Are you accepting the screen section or screen item correctly? Another thought is your compile line, have you changed it at all? Are you sure your object version matches up with the runtime version?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks Dan,

We are running in threads, as we are simulating an MDI type of application, the issue was caused by the floating window running in a thread that did not have focus once displayed. Upon forcing focus of this window from the main program, clicking in the entry field did not cause any futher MAVS. The MAV was caused by clicking on the entry field when the window did not have initial focus and then trying to enter some data into the entry field.

Thanks
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Personally if I were you I'd upgrade to V8.0

We were on 6.1 a long time ago, we had a nightmare with threads.
We made a load of code changes ourselves to workaround.
Acucorp created 4 or 5 patched to the runtime for us.

Then we moved to 7.2 and patched from above not included were also build for us.

Things were quite bad as the whole threading process had changed.
More software changes were made.
Over the space of 3 months Acucorp developed 4 more patches to 7.2.
One of these involved specifically involved a floating modal/modless windowing MAV

We're in the process of moving to V8.0.
First customer switches over next week I believe.

Shaun
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.