Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[archive] Environment Variables in ACUThin

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 23 January 2006]

We are in the process of converting our current ACUCobol applications into GUI using ACUBench. We are currently running on Unix. We are moving our runtime and data to Linux and using ACUThin on Windows XP to access the system.

The problem we are having is that our programs are not able to find our environment variables. We have setup these variables in both the Linux user's profile and in the ACUThin configuration file.

As we are new to both the GUI and ACUThin any help would be greatly appreciated.
0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] Environment Variables in ACUThin

When you refer to the "AcuThin configuration file" is that the acurcl configuration file? Setting the environment variables there makes them available to the acurcl process but not the runtime.

If you set the environment variables in the runtime configuration file they will be available to the runtime. The runtime configuration file is cblconfi or the file specified in the Thin Client alias that is used to start your application.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] Environment Variables in ACUThin

I was able to get it to work as soon as I setup acurcl -access. This allowed me to setup my enviornment in the profile of the local user that I was maped to.

thanks
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.