Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[archive] Errors in 8.0

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 01 February 2008]

I found the following errors converting to 8.0:

1. defining "77 N PIC S9(13)V9(5) SIGN TRAILING SEPARATE"
executing "COMPUTE N = 20000000"
the value containd in N is totally garbage!
(I know that such a COMPUTE is almost a nonsense but it's an output of a generated source)

2. Having in a program a Linkage Section which defines:
01 MY-AREA.
03 MY-FIELD PIC 99 OCCURS 3.
If you call the above program passing a field defined as follows:
01 MY-FIELD.
03 MY-FIELD-1 PIC 99.
03 MY-FIELD-2 PIC 99.
03 MY-FIELD-3 PIC 99.
you get an error stating that the parameters are different in size.

Thanks, Sandro.
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] Errors in 8.0

1. compile using --dec
8.0 implemented a new math package, --dec will have the compiler use the previous math package.

2. I do not reproduce this error - attaching sample programs
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

1. With --dec it's ok (obviously in the meantime I had already switched from "COMPUTE" to "MOVE 2000000 ..." to solve the problem).

2. I tried your samples and they work ok! I went back to my problem and it's still there: the program is a very big one with a lot of implications, so it's very difficult to send a sample of the problem. What I did (by chance) was changing then name of the module which I call: the original name was "CONDAT" and I changed it to "CONDAT2". With this change the call works ok!!! I went back to "CONDAT" and it doesn't work!!! I tried to simplify the calling program (which is about 23.000 lines of code when it's compiled and uses 31 indexed files) but had no success in reproducing the error. That's all what I can say: if it could be useful I would have no problem in sending the whole source file.

Thanks, Sandro.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Check out the runtime configuration variable CHECK_USING
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.