Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[archive] Escape Key

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 01 December 2006]

We start our first program with an initial screen setting. After that all other screens are opened as floating screens. When we are at our initial screen and we hit the escape key our program closes without performing any other procedures.

I have added several steps in exectption event other an in our event where we stop the thread and when I try and run through debug as soon as escape is pressed the screen closes and no other steps in the program are executed.

Is there a way to prevent this from happening?
0 Likes
7 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] Escape Key

Are you also looking for exception values (not just events), you should be able to get an exception value of 27 from the escape key.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Yes I am looking for both. When I am in debug after esc is hit I never return to debug. It looks like the escape key is killing the wrun32.exe.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I see what you mean. It is based on the accept method. The tour.cbl when run in debug does not go away with the escape key whereas many of the other sample programs do.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

where is the tour.cbl program is it in the sample programs?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Yes, tour is in the samples that Acucorp distributes.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Try adding the line : SET ENVIRONMENT "QUIT_MODE" TO "27".
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Went into the initial programs properties and checked the box on the first screen Prompt when program exits.

This is what we needed now the user is asked Quit? before exiting.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.